Sunday, February 25, 2018

The Creative Process

Part of my birthday celebrations included a gentle wander around the National Museum of Scotland, my default Edinburgh destination.  I always find something I hadn't noticed before, and this time, it was the section on Fashion, and in particular, the bit about hats.  There were some amazing hats and there was a slide show in a box, telling me about some of the work of designers Alexander McQueen and Philip Treacy.  When I saw this hat, I thought 

YES!  THAT'S IT!  THAT'S ME!  

Both hat and hair tell you so much about what it's like to write a novel.  Well, my novels, any way.  I may not have her cheekbones, but otherwise this could be A Portrait of the Writer at Work.  Fabulous.


The Girl Who Lived in a Tree Fall 2008 collection
(apologies for photo quality - I just had my phone and it's a photo of a slide show)


2 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Yes! Even that slightly abstracted, inwardly focussed, gazing into the future look! That’s you, perfectly!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

We're of a height, as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home