Saturday, December 14, 2013

As Promised, a Soprano Surprise ... and an All-Women Gloria


How to distract with aplomb (see last week and, I guess, the week before that ...)

And, below, is one of the reasons I needed to show the soprano - my choir (sadly not the Women of the Pieta) is singing Vivaldi's Gloria on Sunday, along with a Mendelssohn Cantata and the first half of The Messiah.  Bliss on a stick.


(BBC4 programme of Vivaldi's Gloria 
performed by an all-female orchestra and choir in the Pieta in Venice. 
Complementary to the BBC4 programme "Vivaldi and the Women of the Pieta".)


3 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Should have said, my choir is the Dundee Choral Union and the concert is on Sunday 15 Dec. at 7:30 in the Caird Hall. If you're in striking distance, I hope to see you there!

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger madwippitt said...

Good grief! Didn't disappoint - all you had promised! But ... why?

And good luck with your Gloria-ing!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Why? Probably because she could -- and I love the way she runs back on the stage: hooray for such energy and grace.
Delightful distractions for us all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home