Saturday, November 09, 2013

Rocks and Roles






I've posted these photos of rocks because they remind me of what I've been up to in my writing these last weeks.  The photos are of arrangements/patterns/shapes that I liked, but didn't make.  I just recognized them.  It's been much the same with the writing. I've begun discovering the patterns in my book.  It hasn't felt as if I've been making them, so much as finding them.  The roles the characters play are becoming clearer the more time I spend with them and the more time they spend with each other.  Until recently it's been mostly a matter of close-ups of one character or another, one event or another.  But next week I'm going to go off and spend some time with just me and the book.  Next week, I'm going to try to see the entire beach ...



 (Okay, in the interests of accuracy, that's not me on the beach, it's my sister, and as far as I know she's not in the book, but well, hey - it's, like, you know, a metaphor.)

1 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Blogger madwippitt said...

I love the photos you post. That first one especially - looks like a joint ... Pinocchio got shipwrecked there maybe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home