Sunday, October 06, 2013

Human and Nice


Just back from Wigtown - and no headache!  Granted, I do have backache (which, if you think about it, is a shorter person's headache) from carrying ferrets in a suitcase and other stuff on, off and between trains, but it's a doddle compared to a socked-in headache.

I'm grateful for that, and here are some other thank yous - 

Thank you to everyone who came to the Tales from the Turrets event - we talked about ferrets and old dogs and flying poo - and I learned things about Saturn that I never knew before!

But also a big thank you to all the people who had the time to stop and chat and just generally be human and nice - thanks to Peggy and Prudence, to Linda Cracknell (she wasn't actually there when I was but I had the pleasure of the company of her book The Call of the Undertow -which I HIGHLY recommend), to Tuba Guy and Scott at the Ford Bank Hotel, to Renita and Kim Ayres the photographer and Mary - and renewed apologies to the lady I approached with the words "Are you Mary?" who thought I was asking impertinent questions about her marital status.  And there were more.  Wigtown is a friendly place.

Writers spend a lot of time with the people in their heads, and it's a good thing to leave them behind occasionally and be with the real sort.

So, yeah.  Thank you.

Oh, and yesterday I was over with The History Girls talking about, among other things, how not to laugh ...

2 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Gill Arbuthnott said...

Seriously Joan, you've got to tell me what's going on with these ferrets...

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Well, to be fair, the ferret suitcase is more bulky than heavy. It's the cat bag with all the books that's the real weight ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home