Saturday, May 04, 2013

Stuck in Mid-Dive

The Tomb of the Diver, Paestum, Italy. 480-470 BC.
Attribution: Heinz-Josef Lucking
Wiki-Commons

That's me.  Stuck in mid-dive.  I want to be writing this new book - I really do - but I'm just not getting down to it.  Maybe I'm tired.  Or maybe it's because the new book doesn't have a title ...  Maybe if I could say to myself, "Today I'm going to dive right into The Adriatic (for example)" it would work better than saying, "Today I'm going to dive right into the big blue wet thing*".

I'm not sure.  But NaPoWriMo is done now, I've caught up (ish) on admin, written some blogs and submitted a sample chapter for an it's-not-very-likely-but-let's-give-it-my-best-shot-anyway brief, and - now it's time to get wet!

Wish me luck.


* Footnote the Muppets - and how often do you get to do THAT?!

3 Comments:

At 3:39 AM, Blogger madwippitt said...

Love that picture! There is a wonderful freshness about ancient Roman paintings that the centuries haven't been able to tarnish ...
And good luck!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Let gravity do the work and jump (diving always looks and feels fraught ...). That big blue wet thing is there, waiting and sloshing around!

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

I was looking for a picture of a gannet when I stumbled across him - I love the way he feels he's got time to look at that tree on the way down! (And he was right!)

Good advice, Maureen - I love it when you talk science!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home