Saturday, December 08, 2012

Elsewhere

This week I'm holed up in Ardormie Farm Cottage, the latest in a series of Get-Way-And-Get-It-Written spots in the Scottish countryside that have helped me drive books forward and meet the looming menace of deadlines.

You can also find me over on The History Girls blog, posting about Bicycles and Revolution (see what I did there?)

And in the most recent issue of Northwords Now, there is a poem about a buzzard on page 17 that I like a lot ...  You can have a look online, download the magazine onto your computer or your Kindle, or pick up a free paper copy from libraries, galleries, art centres and bookshops all over Scotland.

When I get back home I'll do my best to edit and post photos of the weasel that appeared outside my door here, dancing across the snow, crazy as paving.  She was delightful but so blooming fast I've struggled to get more than a) a blur or b) the back end only or c) no weasel at all.  And why was she dashing about with a leaf in her mouth?  If anyone knows, get in touch!

Cheers, Joan.

3 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Blogger Mavis said...

Love the weasel crazy as paving - it calls for a poem. Congratulations on reaching Northwords Now - I read your poem with delight.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger madwippitt said...

Sounds wonderful ... but scary too. I'd be tempted to just relax and enjoy instead of actually doing any work. The weasel sounds amazing!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Thank you, Mavis - I'm glad you liked it!

Madwippit - Relax? Yeah, I remember that - I think I've got some scheduled in for 2013. Maybe I need to model myself less on the weasel and more on my c-a-t ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home