Saturday, October 27, 2012

Victorian Detective in the Victorian Gallery

Today I was at the McManus Museum in Dundee, in the gorgeous Victorian Gallery, talking about my Victorian girl detective Slightly Jones, as part of this year's Dundee Literary Festival.  It was great!  And because we needed to wait a little so that some of the audience who were at a different venue could arrive, there was even time to play the How Many Dogs Can You Find in the Paintings in This Room? challenge.  I'd been round earlier and was pretty smug about my 17 dogs spotted.  Nobody got 17.  That was because they were too busy getting 26 ...

Sigh. 

Here are some photos from the non-dog-spotting part of the event!

(I know it looks as if I've broken into song in the last one, but don't worry, it's just random enthusiasm for all things Victorian!)





Many thanks to the Dundee Literary Festival for inviting me, to the lovely staff at the McManus Museum for welcoming me, to my friend from Waterstones for selling my books and taking the photos for me - and to the kids and their adults who came along and were fabulous!  (Even the ones who found more dogs in the room than I did ...)

Tomorrow I'm going to be posting Pencil Sketch, Neon and Heat Map versions of the top photo ... why?  Because I can!

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Penny Dolan said...

Sounds a most splendiferous day, despite the suspicious dog counting incident. Maybe they used "dog" transfers?

Oh. So "Pencil Sketch, Neon and Heat Map"? What are those? I await the niew views with interest.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger madwippitt said...

Conducting the audience! What a good idea!

And spot the dog - might there be a book in that? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home