Friday, October 19, 2012

A Room Full of Writers

This week I had the pleasure of going back to the Turnberry Resort in Ayrshire (to be reminded of my slightly hysterical enthusiasm over my last visit, have a look here ...)  For this, the third Turnberry Children's Book Event, I was leading a Writing Workshop with a fantastic bunch of 6-12 year olds and some equally fantastic grown-ups.


Writers in pain?  No.  Writers looking inside their heads and watching a scene unfold so that ...


... they can get stuck in getting it down on paper!


So many writers showed up we even had to use the tiny table!


I wish we'd had time to hear every story starter read out, but if the buzz as the Room of Writers emptied at the end is anything to go by, this is just the beginning!

Well done, everyone!

(Tomorrow I'll be posting the details of a writing competition that was launched at the Book Event, run by The Herald, Turnberry Resort, and the Scottish Book Trust - with some amazing prizes.  If I could convince anyone I was aged 5-17, I'd be going in for it myself!)

1 Comments:

At 2:15 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

I stupidly forgot to say that there were 3 other amazing writers doing great sessions that day - Keith Brumpton, Alison Murray and John Fardell, to be exact, AND the Bookbug people! Huzzah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home