Saturday, August 25, 2012

Farlin ... Fabulous!


This week I am off to Shetland, officially the farthest north I have ever been* - we're talking 60 degrees of latitude here - we're talking level with Hudson Bay, the Kamchatka Peninsula, Greenland ... I am the extremely grateful and more than a little over-excited guest of the Farlin Project** and will be reading at the Bonhoga Gallery on Friday at 7:30.  So if you're anywhere near, drop by and say hello.  For the rest of you, you'll have to wait till I'm back south again to find out how it went.

Cheers, Joan.

*Okay, the farthest north I've ever been while in actual contact with the ground.  Airplanes don't count.

** The joint brainchild of Shetland Arts and Fife Contemporary Art and Craft, pairing poets and makers, and  then waiting to see what happens!  I hope to have photos of the interim work on display at the Bonhoga Gallery as part of the Wordplay Book Festival.  The project will end at StAnza, Scotland's International Poetry Festival in St Andrews in March 2013.

5 Comments:

At 2:27 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

This is so exciting -- the northerly north, and an island!

A change of light, air, textures, everything to shake up the senses will wonderful: lucky you!

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Susan Price said...

I ency you. I loved Shetland. Try and see the Broch of Mousa if you can - it's stunning.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Penny Dolan said...

How did I miss this news? Shetland sounds like an excellent holiday for the imagination - as well as poet Lennon.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Thank you all - I've just crawled out from the end of a day given over to migraine and your friendly faces/words are a welcome sight! Roll on all the good stuff you mention!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger madwippitt said...

Cor you do get around! Do they still have Shetland ponies there? Hope the migraine is better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home