Sunday, March 13, 2011

Week Two - Take Two - Moniack Mhor





Well, the power went off at 3:00 this morning. I know this because a polite but insistent alarm kept telling me so. Eventually I found a way to silence it, but really, what did it think I was going to DO? I don't NEED electricity to sleep. I thought, "This is news that can keep."

And it did. By 7:00 there was still no power. I trudged up to the main building to see if there was any power up there. Nope. But I did discover that the snow was now up to my knees. I trudged back again. Looking out now, a few hours later, my knee-high footprints are almost completely filled in.

Then, for no apparent reason, the power came on again. I was happy to see it. I'm quite sure it won't decide to go away again, in any random fashion whatsoever. Absolutely sure. Now where do they keep the candles ...


3 Comments:

At 3:36 AM, Blogger Penny Dolan said...

That snow is rather deep, and I'm not feeling quite so envious now. Hope you found the candles - and plenty of matches!!!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Lindsey Fraser said...

I'm still envious...

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger taio said...

superb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home