Saturday, March 12, 2011

Week Two - Moniack Mhor





I got back from the extremely excellent Aye Write festival in Glasgow just in time to be snowed in here - since Tuesday night it's snowed and blown away and snowed again and started to melt and snowed again. There's been sun and fog and clouds of many colours and the most brutal winds. I now know that sheep face away from a blizzard and end up with snow-capped backsides. I also now know that the astonishingly beautiful red kite is astonishingly difficult to photograph - and that it eats snow. I watched it swoop down, grab a clawful and eat/drink it on the wing. It must have known I was watching, though, so it may just have been showing off.

In the midst of all this weather-, sheep-, and birdwatching I have also been writing up a storm (ooo, see what I did there), including while asleep. I have been having the most vivid dreams, all narrated by me, and have several times said to myself, while doing so, "oh that's a good phrase, you better remember that" ...

Cabin-crazy? Me? Not a bit of it.

Cheers, Joan.

2 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger Penny Dolan said...

Thinking of you up there every time I hear or see the current weather forecasts. Must be a lovely experience - as long as you're toasty-warm and safe. Have a good writing time, too.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Virginia said...

I love this post - so vivid! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home