Sunday, March 06, 2011

Week One - Moniack Mhor

My cottage


My neighbours


My view



The darling buds of March

I'm really here. And now I so don't want to leave!

Everyone has been so welcoming - even the demented resident crow, Rupert, has flung himself repeatedly at my windows in what I can only hope is enthusiastic greeting. And the centre car - The Beast - is no longer an unknown terror. After having my bottom boiled (thank goodness I've found the off button for the seat warmer at last!) AND having to back 1/2 a mile up a steep single track road with ditches on either side because the guy with the trailer missed the passing place, I made it to my first school in Dingwall without killing anyone and had a great time. So The Beast is now, I guess, more of a known terror, but those are the better kind.

I am well stuck in to writing Samuel Palmer's Moon, and still setting myself unrealistic daily goals. Week 2 includes going off to the Aye Write book festival in Glasgow Monday and Tuesday, and visiting 2 schools in Inverness on Wednesday, then time again to write my tiny socks off.

And now, back to it!

Cheers, Joan.

3 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

These are wonderful pictures of an amazingly beautiful place.

Unrealistic goals are called for!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Lindsey Fraser said...

Very envious...

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Facebook Top Ten said...

add me in facebook i love ur blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home