Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Devil Has the Best Tunes

Over the next little while I'm going to be concentrating on beefing up the bad boy within. It has been said that my authorial voice is too maternal. I don't like my characters to suffer too much or too long before stepping in and making it all better. Well, I'm now going to have a bash at making my characters wish they'd never been born ... and THEN I'll step in ...

Which makes the timing of my choir's concert this weekend perfect. We're singing Mendelssohn's Elijah - full of Old Testament mob scenes and operatic yelling for blood. Good fun. And it's a good sign that I am frequently finding myself happily humming along to “Find all the prophets of Baal and let not one of them escape us! Find them and slay them!” Bodes well for the new meaner me. Now all I have to do is figure out what this new authorial voice wears when she sits down to work. Black leather? Stiletto boots? Devil's horns?

Maybe I'll just stick to my jammies.

Cheers, Joan the Devil Woman/Old Testament Mobette

P.S. If you live anywhere near, come along to the Caird Hall for Dundee Choral Union's blood-baying rendition - Sunday 21 March 7:30 pm. Orchestra of Scottish Opera. It's going to be great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home