Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dancing Frogs




I haven't done tinies in ages, but one of the schools in my World Book Day marathon wanted something for every class, from Nursery right on up.* Well, three separate somethings, to be accurate. And because Ribburta and the Rootintootin' Highfalutin' Ballet Extravaganza has just come out in Spider magazine, I thought I'd use that. The picture above is from the cover for the January issue, by John Sandford, and is fabulous. The illustrations for my story are by Rupert van Wyck and I love them. But the pictures that my Nursery and P1s did for me - being scanned and put into the Readers' Gallery on my website as we speak - make me smile as wide as a frog.

Make your day - go here (then click on "Ribburta the Frog Stories") and see some Dancing Frogs ... A Ribburta page is planned for the website, but you'll need to check back on that maybe next week, as even for frog lovers there are only so many hours in the day.

Cheers, Joan.

* It was a bit disconcerting when one little boy burst into tears as he came through the door. I was reassured to discover it wasn't because he'd taken one look at me and been appalled. It was because he thought he was going to have to do gym ... If my memories serve me, it was an eminently reasonable response.

2 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Blogger Joan Lennon said...

Could we just pretend I MEANT to have the picture that big? The things I've tried so far to make it smaller have just laughed at me, and I really should be writing a book ...

Thanks for tolerance!

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Penny Dolan said...

Dear Joan,
Your picture is just terrific the size it is. Do't think too big. Think intriguing!

See my Year of Mouse blog today - I have got nothing at all done in hours! Powerpoint? Huh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home