Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Temporary Adieu

And so, Gentle Reader, we part company for a while. This week I'm at the Edinburgh Book Festival and then the Islay Book Festival and THEN, from the next Monday till 2nd October ... Hawthornden Writers' Retreat. I have high hopes and a fair degree of nervousness about it all, so wish me luck! I will be posting again in October so please PLEASE come back then!

Cheers, Joan.

P.S. I didn't get the job mentioned in the last post. Poop. Double poop, in fact. Oh well, never mind. At least I didn't dribble or fall over during the interview.

3 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Two people from LaSalle, Ontario have just read and enjoyed your blog.

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger sue said...

Don't faint but its me

Sorry about the job

Have fun at the retreat

sue

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Hi, Caitlin and I saw you read at Carnoustie library, I was the lady with the scissors. Once a brownie... Just wanted to say we're now on our second Wickit chronicle and loving them, we've totally fallen in love with Pip and Perfect, and your evocative writing of the Fens brings back childhood memories for me of visits to Wicken Fen, Burwell and Anglesey Abbey, including of course the immortal Ely Cathedral. I always wanted to skate to Ely like the children in Lucy Boston's books (I think!). It's such an ancient but temporary landscape, and why I moved to somewhere with hills and mountains, I can't remember the name of it but there is a kind of depression that comes from living on the flatness of the Fens. Fen fever? Anyway, thankyou again and best of luck, hope you had a good time at Edinburgh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home