Saturday, April 04, 2009

Mma Makutsi's Glasses

Does this have anything to do with writing? No, it doesn't. But do I love Mma Makutsi's glasses, as seen in BBC's TV series of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency? Yes, I do.

I'm due an eye test in a couple of weeks, and chances are, I'll need new glasses. The getting-narrower-by-the-day style does not suit me (let's face it, when the bags under your eyes hang down below your glasses, you know they're not for you.) But Grace Makutsi's glasses might just be the perfect pair for me. Here's the link to a picture, if you can't immediately bring them to mind, or if you haven't seen the series. (It's a better photo of the actress than her glasses, but it's the best one I can find.)

For years I used to hanker after my old, old NHS John Lennon style glasses, but now, my heart is set on finding something else.

As my mother once said, How are the fickle changed ...

So if anyone out there has seen these glasses in any Scottish optician's, please let me know!

Joan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home