Saturday, March 29, 2008

It's Not a Series!

Puffin have sent me some publicity fliers to herald the arrival of The Seventh Tide, which will be available online and in the shops on 3 April 2008. This is good. We LIKE publicity. And the flier is bright and eye-catching, and looks like this:


And there you see the problem. It looks for all the world as if The Seventh Tide is a sequel to Questors, AND IT ISN'T!!! This is not a series. They are both stand-alone novels. They do not share characters, settings or indeed ANYTHING - except for things like having the same author, the same publisher, being the same genre, and, oh, I don't know, both being printed on paper.

Or so it seems to me. Do you think I am overreacting? (It has been known to happen.)

Whether I am or not - keep your eyes open on Thursday 3 April and let me know when you spot The Seventh Tide!

Cheers, Joan.

P.S. New book to add to the Favourite Book I Am Currently Reading List (see previous post): Faerie Wars by Herbie Brennan. He's great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home