Saturday, April 14, 2007

Wet Wild Wicken Fen

I found out this week that one of my events in the Ely Plot tour has been changed - it's now going to take place in Wicken Fen! Well, not actually in the fen, as this would involve more mud than sense, but in the Visitor's Centre. Why am I so excited about this? Because Wicken Fen is the last bit of that part of the world that hasn't been drained, planted, built on ... (I'm not an idiot - I know that that means it's been managed cleverly and creatively for yonks - Go National Trust! - but you get the idea) - and that means it's the closest I'm likely to get to SEEING WHAT PIP SAW every time he woke up in the morning, or went to empty the eel traps, or punted off with Brother Gilbert to visit a sick peat-digger or a reed-cutter with the ague.

It's going to be great!

Ely Plot sitings - Borders in Dundee has come up trumps (and they're always really nice to me when I go in there - they give me coffee!). One of the Waterstones in Dundee had some, which they've said they'll put on the 3 for 2 table - YES! The other one is waiting on delivery. Shops in St Andrews, well, not yet, but I've been promised give-away Ely Plot bookmarks from the publisher, and once I've got those in my hot little fist, there isn't a bookseller on the planet who'll be able to resist me.

Keep looking, my spies, and report back! I look forward to hearing from you. Joan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home